001 905 794 0044
001 905 494 0075

Federal Skilled Workers

Think Abroad, Think Premier

Federal Skilled Workers

Federal workers and professionals

All individuals who are considering applying on or after January 01st 2015  should be aware that if their application does not meet the new criteria, it will not be processed. All the applicants who qualify for Federal Skilled Worker will be placed in a pool and will be ranked according to Express Entry System. Those who are higher on the ranking will be Invited to Apply for Permanent Immigration. A prospective applicant should ensure they meet at least one of the following requirements:

  • They have at least one year of continuous work experience in NOC O, A or B;
  • They have a qualifying offer of arranged employment
  • They are eligible to apply through the PhD stream.

If prospective applicants are confident that they meet at least one of the above requirements, they must also meet the minimum language threshold and obtain an educational credential assessment (if submitting a foreign educational credential).

Work experience

If your application is eligible to be processed, we will then assess it to see if your work experience is valid.
Your work experience must be:

  • for at least one year in the same occupation,
  • continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time),
  • within the last 10 years,
  • skill type 0 (managerial occupations)
  • skill level A (professional occupations)
  • skill level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)
Language ability

You must meet minimum language levels and include the results of a language test from an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) when you apply that shows you meet the minimum language requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7.

You must have:
  • a Canadian diploma, certificate, or credential 
  • a foreign educational credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by CIC to show it is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.
Proof of funds

You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada. 
You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
  • you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
  • you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.